Monday, January 9, 2012

7 Point, December 30 with Muzzleloader

So I decided to go hunting Friday evening the 30th.   I only had one shot and it was about 80yds out in a very thick area.  I decided to take the shot.  The smoke cleared and I saw and heard nothing.  I then went and checked and did not see a deer or any blood.  I came out saying "Guess I missed, it was very thick". 

I decided to go back to the same spot Saturday morning.  Did not see anything to shoot.  As I'm walking out and get to my 4-wheeler I look over about 100 yds from where I had shot.  See something that looks funny, put the scope on it and decided it was a rock.  Looked again and said I better go take a look.

Here is what it was


I'm so glad I looked and saw something that did not look right.  There was not one drop of blood.  Hit him back a little far, there was no exit.  It was still good and the meat was able to go in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment